The unconventionally named “3C3C1D119440927” expansion pack, the first for Nier: Automata, has finally gone live for the masses.
In addition to several cosmetic upgrades, the most significant feature is undoubtedly the new Colosseum challenges. Among the new enemies is Yosuke Matsuda, president and CEO of Square Enix; as well as Kenichi Sato, president and CEO of Platinum Games.
Upon defeating the presidents of the companies, and completing every challenge that the Colosseum offers, players will unlock the following rewards:
- Costumes from the previous Japanese release, NieR: Replicant, for androids 2B, 9S and A2: Revealing Outfit (2B), Young Man’s Outfit (9S), Destroyer Outfit (A2)
- Records that add special music tracks to the players’ jukebox
- New equipment and cosmetic accessories such as hairspray that allows you to change the colour of 2B and A2’s hair
- Masks with unique “on equip” effects
- Special bullets that change the appearance of enemy bullets
The expansion pack is available for purchase on both Steam and the PlayStation Store for $14.99.
Nier: Automata launched in March to critical and commercial success. Shortly after its release, Square Enxi revealed that it had shipped over one million units of the game. This included sales from both worldwide retailers and digital fronts.
It is warming to see Platinum Games see success with its new ventures. It was previously working on Scalebound for the Xbox and PC platforms. However, it was cancelled by Microsoft before it managed to see the light of day. According to boss Phil Spencer, the cancellation of the exclusive title was “better for Xbox gamers.”